Monday, January 2, 2017

New Years Walk

While I was walking, my mind drifted onto the topic of being free and independent.  The woods seemed to remind me of it as I seemed to be the only person on it.  There was nobody there to define where I was going and when I should stop, it was all me.  I thought about how this topic was going to become very important in my future.  I would soon leave my family to go to college, where I would live completely free for the first time.  I would be in complete control of my life, as well as I would have to handle everything for myself.  This made me stop and think about whether I was completely prepared for this coming period of my life.  At the end I realized that you can never be completely ready for everything life has in store for me, and that living is a learning experience.  I took comfort in the fact that even though I would be completely free, there would be people and family always ready to help me if I ever needed help.


No comments:

Post a Comment